Resources for applicants and scholars
For information about the Canadian postsecondary educational system and Canadian institutions, visit the following websites:
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada: Learn about Canadian study and research opportunities, as well as the Government of Canada's participation in major international scholarship programs.
- Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials: Learn about education and studying in Canada, the recognition of foreign credentials, and the assessment of diplomas and qualifications in Canada.
- Universities Canada: Provides a list of Canadian Universities with links to their websites. Note: Not all universities in Canada have quotas for the Vanier CGS.
- International Scholarships: Provides a searchable database of scholarships available to Canadian and International students.
- Immigration and citizenship Canada: Provides information for non-citizens or non-permanent residents who wish to study in Canada
For information about Canadian federal funding agency-specific doctoral opportunities:
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) Doctoral Program
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) Doctoral Program
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) Doctoral Program
The Tri-Agencies strongly encourage trainees to take an active role in the management of their careers. CIHR has developed a list of tools to help identify and best prepare trainees for their career of choice.
- Date modified: