Memorandum: 2018-2021 Vanier CGS Quota Memo for Institutions
To: Deans and Associate Deans of Graduate Studies Scholarships Liaison Officers
C.C.: Serge Villemure, Director, Scholarships and Fellowships Programs, NSERC
Valérie Laflamme, Director, Research Training Portfolio, SSHRC
From: Kelly Taylor, Executive Director, Vanier Banting Secretariat and Director, Science, Knowledge Translation and Ethics, CIHR
Date: May 14, 2018
Subject: Institutional Quotas for 2018-19 to 2020-21 Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) Competitions
The purpose of this note is to inform institutions of the Vanier CGS quotas established for the next three years and to provide an update on the new yearly distribution plan.
In March 2018, the Tri-Agency Directors approved the Vanier CGS institutional quotas for the next three competition years (2018-19 to 2020-21). The new quotas are attached in Appendix A. The methodology used to determine the Vanier quotas for 2018-19 to 2020-21 is the same as the approach adopted in previous years and is outlined in Appendix B.
The quota distributions have been made as followed:
- All Canadian institutions are provided a yearly quota within the existing three year quota allotment.
- Any unused annual quotas will not be carried forward in future years.
- Floating quotas can be used in any of the three years, but will not be carried forward beyond 2020-21.
- Appendix A: Methodology for updating institutional quotas
- Appendix B: Spreadsheet of Vanier CGS institutional quotas for 2018-19 to 2020-21
- Date modified: