Memorandum: 2021-2024 Vanier CGS Quota Memo for Institutions
To: Deans and Associate Deans of Graduate Studies
Scholarships Liaison Officers
C.C.: Denis Godin, Director, Scholarships and Fellowships Programs, NSERC
Julia Dicum, Director, Research Training Portfolio, SSHRC
Julie Conrad, Manager, Vanier-Banting Programs and CIHR Awards
From: Frank Zegers, Lead, Vanier-Banting Secretariat
Date: May 11, 2021
Subject: Institutional Quotas for 2021-2022 to 2023-24 Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) Competitions
The purpose of this note is to inform institutions of the Vanier CGS quotas established for the next three years and to provide an update on the new yearly distribution plan.
In March 2021, the Vanier CGS institutional quotas for the next three competition years (2021-2022 to 2023-2024) were approved and can be found in the attached PDF document (Appendix B). The methodology used to determine the Vanier quotas for 2021-2022 to 2023-2024 is the same as the approach adopted in previous years and is outlined in Appendix A below.
The quota distributions have been made as follows:
- All Canadian institutions are provided a yearly quota within the existing three-year quota allotment.
- Any unused annual quotas will not be carried forward in future years.
- Floating quotas can be used in any of the three years, but will not be carried forward beyond 2023-2024.
- Appendix A: Methodology for updating institutional quotas
- Appendix B: Vanier CGS institutional quotas for 2021-2022 to 2023-2024
- Date modified: