Home Page - Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
At a glance
Named after Major-General Georges P. Vanier, the first francophone Governor General of Canada, the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (Vanier CGS) program helps Canadian institutions attract highly qualified doctoral students.
- Valued at $50,000 per year for three years during doctoral studies
- Considers three equally weighted selection criteria: Academic Excellence, Research Potential, and Leadership (potential and demonstrated ability)
Spotlight on scholars
Next important date
Anticipated 2023-2024 competition launch: end of June 2023
Candidates must be nominated by a Canadian institution with a quota* to host Vanier scholars. Candidates should only seek a nomination from the institution at which they want to study.
*The term “quota” refers to the maximum number of nominations an institution can forward to the national competition.
- Canadian citizens
- Permanent residents of Canada
- Foreign citizens
Areas of research:
- Health research
- Natural sciences and/or engineering
- Social sciences and humanities
- Date modified: